We make change for a living at Avanade. Joining us gives you the opportunity to do the same. With business technology solutions, cloud and managed services that combine our insight, innovation, and expertise in Microsoft technologies, we help the world’s largest and most innovative organizations achieve results in a digital world. And we use our position as the world’s best Microsoft innovator to make a genuine difference in the world around us. We employ over 27,000 people in over 23 countries around the world. Thousands of businesses in a variety of industries have used our services to boost business agility, employee productivity, and customer loyalty. And because of our collaborative approach, we operate as one global team, providing unparalleled opportunities for learning, development, and a rewarding future. Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation co-founded Avanade in 2000, and Accenture now owns the majority of the company. More information is available at www.avanade.com/careers.
About the role
Analysts support the business with technical, administrative, or operational assistance. This position allows you to work independently and make decisions under general supervision.
You will contribute to functional and technical design, as well as coding and testing software applications to meet business requirements as an Analyst within Solution Development. We will rely on you to implement configuration changes and maintain software applications using your technical knowledge and expertise.
You will do the following in this client-facing position:
- Through consulting project activities, develop and deliver detailed IT solutions.
- Bring both interpersonal and technical abilities to your engagements.
- Proactively identify problems, define system architecture, specify and design hardware and software, and recommend implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment.
You will also be in charge of project management, which includes interacting with company and client managers as well as monitoring costs and timelines. You may also be involved in project cost estimation, proposal generation, and invoicing as needed.
As you work with clients, you will be on the lookout for new product or service opportunities. You will also most likely be involved in sales and proposal presentations, as well as team account activities. At this level, performance is typically measured by the effectiveness of solutions delivery within agreed-upon time and cost schedules.
You must have 0 – 3 years of project experience in a consulting environment, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or a related field.
You must also be familiar with the.NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0.
Avanade is a market leader in providing innovative digital services, business solutions, and design-led experiences to its clients, leveraging the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our experts combine technology, business, and industry knowledge to create and deploy solutions that deliver results for clients and their customers. Avanade employs 27,000 digitally connected people in 23 countries, bringing the best thinking to clients through a collaborative culture that values diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Years of Experience: 0 to 3 years
Experience in management: none
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, or a related field is required.
- Exceptional business acumen
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – “Customer Focus”
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Excellent time management abilities
- Willingness to travel for the majority of the work week (80%).
- Ability to perform well in a team-oriented, project-based environment
- Leadership experience in an academic, extracurricular, or professional setting is required.
- Previous work, internship, or co-op experience, preferably with customer-facing responsibilities, is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking abilities and the ability to think on your feet are required.
- In a fast-paced environment, the ability to learn quickly
Minimum technical requirements
- It is necessary to have a major GPA of 3.0 or higher. A cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher is required (3.0 or above highly desired).
- C#, C++, or Java programming experience is required.
- Knowledge of SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other relational database management systems is required.
- Documentation and analysis of processes
- Methods and tools for gathering requirements
- Knowledge of the software development and implementation lifecycle
- Understanding of a development methodology
- PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Microsoft Project (working knowledge)
Avanade® Provides Equal Opportunity Employment. Avanade does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other protected status. Avanade is also dedicated to making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.