Our organization is looking for someone to lead our company’s ethical sourcing initiatives. The ideal candidate will lead our ethical sourcing team and ensure that corporate income is allocated in accordance with the standards set by our stakeholders (customers and employees), as codified by the corporate ethics board. The role is responsible for three major categories of indirect ethical spending: energy, waste, and community sponsorship. The ethical sourcing officer will investigate, track, negotiate, and forge agreements related to the automated provisioning of goods and services to ensure contractual alignment with our stakeholders’ ethical wishes.
As the company’s ethical sourcing officer, you will ensure that the company’s indirect expenditure is allocated in accordance with the standards established by the ethics board, of which you will also be a member. The ideal candidate will use digital procurement, auditing, and innovation skills to fulfill the company’s ethical mandate, develop indirect category expertise, and track and test a large number of potential goods and services suppliers. The role entails the regular modification and fine-tuning of category algorithms in accordance with the ethics board, as well as the maintenance of a cryptocurrency-register of contracts and opportunities.
Traditionally, the area of expertise of the ethical sourcing officer determines the volume of crypto-spend managed. In this case, the categories are energy provision, waste management, and local community funding. To ensure supply chain integrity and corporate fit, you will check the ethical integrity of each contract and its supply chain, develop scenario planning initiatives, design real-time experiments, and review data traces. You will also be in charge of negotiating contractual terms and conditions (including carbon offsetting) and monitoring the market for ethical innovation.
The successful candidate will demonstrate passion and drive for the categories under control, as well as knowledge of innovations in his categories and a demonstrable desire to lobby on the company’s behalf to steer the category supply chain in the organization’s direction. You must be able to channel market intelligence upstream to various forums, entrepreneurs, and providers in order to elicit ethical behavior consistent with corporate goals. You will also be expected to participate actively in “market transmission,” ensuring that the board’s signals are received, registered, and acted upon.
- Participate in the ethical board’s activities. Maintain the company’s ethical footprint by participating in, shaping, and carrying out ethics board directives.
- Strengthen ethical sourcing strategies. Through quarterly panels and feedback loops, drive stakeholder engagement and reconfigure category input based on stakeholder input.
- Define redlines for each category. Create a prioritized list of redlines that will guide indirect purchasing and supplier behavior.
- Conduct category research. Collect, analyze, and interpret information about a category, with a focus on market interdependence and extended automated supply chains.
- Make plans for specific categories.Make a long-term plan and strategy for the category (three to six months ahead of time) (e.g., micro-energy generation or community credit swaps).
- Supervise a team of analysts. Lead a team of category analysts to provide the information required to ensure the success of the category plan.
- Negotiate, reach an agreement, and double-check delivery. Buy and sell services, as well as monitor the integrity of services provided and test data feeds on a regular basis to ensure accuracy.
- Key metrics should be updated for client review. Provide benchmark categories for service sustainability, corporate ethics, and community value-add to the ethics board.
- Communicate with the provider community. To drive alignment, market and promote consumer signals to entrepreneurs and other forums.
- Give insight into ethical positions. Execute dashboard queries and interpret data for the ethics board and other stakeholders. Create scripting and querying tools to help with this data.
- Examine information feeds by category. Oversee automated information feeds and work with market signals to interpret consumer demand.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated ability to define ethical behavior in the context of corporate goals.
- Preference is given to candidates with a background or experience in business, law, governance, or philosophy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capability to work well in a group.
- Analytical abilities that are exceptional.
- Commercial consciousness.
- The ability to adapt to various client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Negotiation and networking skills.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Thirst for new ideas.
The ideal candidate will use digital procurement, auditing, and innovation skills to fulfill the company’s ethical mandate, develop indirect category expertise, and track and test a large number of potential goods and services suppliers.