We are looking for a seasoned business executive with a track record of success.
commercial background who can help us shape our future growth and ensure the availability of new product offerings that fit – and shape – our customers’ ongoing health-related requirements. We are innovating new drugs at an unprecedented rate thanks to advances in DNA analysis and CRISPR/Cas gene editing technology; we aim to introduce five new FDA approved products into the market every year for the next ten years – at the very least!
To help us meet these objectives, we need a seasoned business executive with a strong commercial background who can help shape our future growth and ensure that our new product offerings fit – and shape – our customers’ ongoing health-related needs.
You will develop and implement our strategy for expanding a portfolio of life sciences products for North American and international markets as the genomic portfolio director. You will be in charge of all aspects of launching and expanding our life science portfolio’s global sales. The successful candidate will collaborate with our strategic sourcing team and global account managers to develop plans and programs centered on our top 200 customer accounts (health maintenance organizations, major insurers, large health-care systems and hospitals, and so on).
- Create a strategy to increase product market share, which may include, but is not limited to, increased penetration of existing products, new supplier acquisition, and product line expansion.
- Create a cross-functional team of associates and suppliers to carry out the strategy for expanding the product portfolio in North America.
- Assist the strategic sourcing team with the negotiation of supplier terms and conditions.
- Determine the profitability of each product group within the product category, and then develop and implement strategies to improve that profitability.
- Present to senior management on supplier consolidation programs, as well as the risks, costs, and benefits of the proposed course(s) of action.
- Analyze the market for innovative technical developments made by both suppliers and competitors, and determine customer demand for these innovations.
- Implement supplier consolidation strategies that include changeover planning, discontinuance, supercession, and internal and external communications.
- Attend trade shows in your industry and visit customers to learn about the most recent scientific product developments.
- Audit major suppliers’ manufacturing plants to review manufacturing capacity, quality programs, and cost-cutting opportunities from existing processes so they can provide better value to our customers.
- Work with strategic sourcing, the purchasing team, and product master data to ensure contract and customer-specific price agreement integrity/compliance.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An undergraduate degree with a specific focus in genomics is required, as is a master’s degree in business and/or molecular biology or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Seven or more years of experience in research, sales/marketing, or a closely related field.
- Experience as a leader for the past five years.
- Actual laboratory experience in a research or quality control setting of three years or more is strongly preferred.
- Capability to effectively communicate with senior management, suppliers, and internal and external customers.
- Capability to negotiate favorable financial terms and conditions with our suppliers.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to interpret data from sales reports, quality reports, and purchasing reports in order to assess trends and address specific areas for improvement are required.
- To improve our financial performance, we must be able to assess sales, profit, inventory investment, payment terms, return on sales, return on capital employed, and EBITDA.
- Ability to evaluate product technology and innovation, as well as their application for our laboratory customers, in order to identify and negotiate with suppliers for products that we anticipate customers will want to purchase from us.
We require a seasoned business executive with a proven track record of success. commercial background who can assist us in shaping our future growth and ensure the availability of new product offerings fit – and shape – our customers’ ongoing health-related requirements requirements.